Like us in Facebook


free counter
Breaking News
recent

The Best Place 2

Adjectives to say how good, or bad, something is can be really useful. Take a look at the adjectives below. Do you know what they mean?

Not Sure? You can check the meaning using the dictionary below.

When you are ready: Listen to Sophie talking about the best place she has ever visited and complete the exercise below using the adjectives above. You will need to use some of them more than once.

Vocabulary help.


Jet lag (noun)– when you change time zones you get a feeling of tiredness and your body clock is all wrong.
Travelling (noun)– Visiting lots of different countries and places, usually with a backpack and a small budget.
Lush (adjective)– A lush area has a lot of green, healthy plants, grass and trees.
Rob (verb) – To take money or property illegally from a place, organization or person, often using violence.
Snatch (verb)– To take something or someone away by force.
Envious( adjective) – Jealous. wishing you had what another person has.
Pad Thai – A dish from Thailand made with noodles, eggs, chicken or shrimp and spices.
Monkey dance – The Kecak dance from bali.
Ages – A long time.

  • Fill the gaps
  • See the script

Sophie talks about the best place she has ever visited.

Wow, you’re back, good to see you.
Hi, yes we got back on Monday.
, how is your jet lag?
, I sleep all day and I am awake half the night.
How , still it must be to be home.
It is, yes, but you know I am really glad i went travelling . there are so many wonderful things to see in the world.
It sounds . So tell me, what’s the best place you visited?
Ooohh, that’s a hard one, there are so many places to choose from.
Ok, but if you had to choose just one which would it be?
Hmmmm, oh I don’t know. India was but it is so big I don’t think you could see it all in a lifetime. We were only there two months, in Goa. It was .
So, Goa then?
Er, no wait Thailand was fantastic too. The beaches were so , and the food! Delicious.
Really?
Yeah you could buy pad thai from a stall in the street for about 30 baht and it tasted incredible.
So Thailand then?
Maybe. But Bali was too. It is really green and lush, palm trees and the people wers so friendly and kind.,
Uh huh
And they have this dance called the monkey dance. It is really great, they sing and dance in a circle it’s really .
Soo, Bali then?
No, wait, Brazil was ! The people, the beaches the food, the atmosphere, everything about it was .
So, Brazil?
Well, yes, but wait no, we were robbed there, in Bahia,
No! what happened?
Oh, some kid snatched my bag when we were walking down the street one evening. I had all my bank cards in it , and my passport too.
Oh that is .
Yes, it took ages to get a new one.. So that was a bit annoying.
Oh I can bet, nothing to do but lie on the beach and wait….I am so envious! So Brazil wasn’t the best then?
No, oh I don’t know which was the best! And there are so many more places to visit, ask me again when I get back.
When you get back?
Yes, I am going away again next week,
No! you’ve only just got here!
Yeah, but…you know…. i have a taste for it now. I can’t stop!
Oh, I wish I could go too.
Well, come with me then.
Wow, really?
Yeah just buy a ticket and come along.
Yes!



Vong Sam oun

Vong Sam oun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.